Let's imagine that there are no barriers, money is no object, no training or education is needed. What would you do, even if just for a day? What would you like to try?
What do you want to be when you grow up?
I'll go first.
When I grow up, I want to be:
- One of the people who looks awesome in a wet suit and trains the dolphins. I'd be the one who rides the dolphins and gets thrown, flying into the air, arching into a magnificent swan dive and entering the water gracefully to swim with my dolphin friends over to hand-feed them (I'm the only one who can feed them - they like me best).
- Aretha Franklin.
- A safari guide/driver in the Serengeti. My old Toyota Land Cruiser has been on the job for a long time and is weathered in that cool way - folks can stand up on their seats to look up and out of the open top and get a better view of the animals. I'm a specialist at big animal location and the other drivers often search for me to find the best areas.
- A SCUBA diver for National Geographic, responsible for all special coral reef exploration, all over the world. My underlings search out and find the best dive spots on the earth, and I am the first to dive their pristine waters and uncharted areas.
- A Mexican cliff diver.
- Annie Leibovitz.
- The top chick on the world's best roller derby team.
- The host of a super cool travel show on tv. My people scope out unknown travel spots, which I am flown to. I am wined and dined by the locals and stay in the best suite. I'm daring, so sometimes I am in quiet corners where no Americans have been. My experiences are varied, affording me amazing adventures that are fun to talk about with my tv viewers.
- A stunt pilot whose plane is uncrashable.
- An artist, author, anthropologist combination who lives in a historic beamed cabin on the top of a mountain in the forest, surrounded by amazing views, artistic pieces, fine wine and fabulous friends.
Ahhhhhhh. That was fun. Try it! Put your career options in the comments section of the blog - I want you all to meet each other!
Loosen up, friends, and ten-like you can do anything! Go for it!