Thursday, April 12, 2012

The words on the bus . . .



The words on this bus sum it up perfectly!

Do you ever have one of those weeks where you feel like you are trying, you really are, but it just does not seem to be working?

I'm in the midst of one of those.  My wheels are spinning, my brain is on overdrive and yet it's not all getting done.  I woke up this morning remembering this photo.  When I took it a month or so ago, I just knew there would be the perfect moment for it - this is it.

This photo makes me laugh; I love that someone thought to write that on their bus.  (Worry not, as this bus does not transport children to and from school - it is the unusual home base for a circus act.)

Aside from laughing, though, this photo is helping me to remember that I cannot put everything first.  One thing gets to go first and the other things can be second, third and fourth.  It isn't possible for me to give my all to everything.  This photo is reminding me to laugh and then to take some deep breaths and then to do what I can.

I'm about to return to my list with this crazy bus picture in my mind.  I'm going to do one thing at a time; put one thing first, one thing second, one thing third until I get it done.  The bus photo helps.  I spent twelve years of my life being a kindergarten teacher - maybe that's why pictures speak to me!

I hope it speaks to you.  Let's take a deep breath.  Let's remember we can't do it all, and we certainly can't put everything first.

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I think I'm going to print this photo and hang it on the tiny bulletin board in my office! Thank you Deana . . I needed this today also!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...