Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Sweet, sweet smiles . . .


Meet my precious friends, Gavin and Gracie.

I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it again . . . I am a lucky photographer!


Often I find myself photographing folks I know well, and these two I have known as long as they've been on this earth.  I've been fortunate to share many special moments with these two precious souls - I've laughed with them and learned with them.


I adore photographing children and anticipating what they might do next, what will make them laugh, when they will glance at one another.


Children keep things moving; and young ones with this much personality are a blast to capture in action!


(I just couldn't 'erase' this scuffed elbow - it seemed to lend to the personality of her look!)







This shoot was made even more special because of what this sweet Gracie was doing the following day  - she was hours away from having her hair cut and donated to help children going through cancer treatment.


Portraits of children are made in the eyes, and I love Gracie's eyes in this photo.  Each time I look at this photo, I find myself drawn right into those familiar, beautiful eyes.



Those eyes . . . again.  I feel like Gavin could start talking to me when I see him here!


I love photos that seem life-like.  This one did!  I have seen Gracie make this face so many times; and when I look at this photo, I feel like I can hear her giggle.

I like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...