Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Listen up!

As I looked at this yesterday afternoon . . .


I remembered the four, yes four, times that the nice man at Carmax asked me if I needed to get anything else from my car.  

It went down as follows:

I drive into the bay for my car repair.  I scan the car to get all of the things I need.  I will be leaving it for a few days.  I grab a few items.  I do not think about, nor do I grab, the 'clicker' for the garage that lets me into my home or my house key.

I go into the office.  The nice many says, "Mrs. Graham, do you need to get anything out of your car?"
I think about it.  'No, thanks, I've got it all.'  That's number 1.

I complete some paper work.  The nice man asks me about my insurance information since I will be getting a 'loaner' car.  I need to go to the car to find my card.  The nice man says,  "You can have another check to see if there is anything in there that you need to grab."  I go to the car to fetch the insurance information.  I find it easily.  I look around.  I do not think about, nor do I grab, the 'clicker' for the garage that lets me into my home or my house key.  That's number 2.


We finish up the paperwork.  Another nice man is washing the loaner car.  The first nice man says, "I'll go bring your car around to the repair area.  Is there anything else you want to get out before I leave with it?"  'No, I'm good.  Thanks.'  I do not remember, nor do I grab, the 'clicker' for the garage that lets me into my home or my house key.  That's number 3.


The second nice man comes to tell me that my loaner car is washed and ready to go.  I laugh and say, "The car you're giving me is a lot cleaner than the car I'm giving you!"  'Oh, no problem, ma'm.  Speaking of your car, is there anything you need to get out of there before you leave?  "No, thanks, though.  I've got everything."  I do not think about, nor do I grab, the 'clicker' for the garage that lets me into my home or my house key.  That's number 4.


And so today, my friends, from inside my home (that my children helped me break into) I consider this . . . are there times that God, the universe, luck, providence, and fate are all working desperately to get me to notice something?



1 comment:

  1. Oh, Deana! We caught your post today. And, while we were sorry you had to break into your own home, we did get a chuckle out of your post. We hope you were able to get your clicker back! ~Britt at CarMax

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...