Friday, June 22, 2012

List 24 - The world's most perfect foods . . .



Maybe it's because I skipped dinner at the swim meet, I'm not sure.  Whatever the reason, I realized late last night that this list must make it to the blog.

As I've said before, we're getting to know each other.  We must share these things.

As usual on the Friday list, this is not exhaustive, nor or the items in any order.  (I'm already excited to get your additions!)

These, friends, are my nominees for the world's most perfect foods:


  • 1.  My grandmother's sweet potato biscuits.  






  • 3.  Bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches on soft white bread, with Dukes Mayonnaise, created in Mary Clark's tiny kitchen in Greenville, Georgia.



  • 4.  Crab Fritters, with the most incredible sweet and sour sauce (don't think anything you've ever had at an American Chinese restaurant - nothing like it) at Bacchanalia.  I must tell you here that this  entry is how the list got its name.  A few years ago, I was talking with my good friend, Fifi, about these fritters.  Her response was, "without a doubt, the world's most perfect food."  



  • 5.  Scrambled egg, bacon, mustard sandwiches on Sunday night.



  • 6.  Bbq pork sandwich with cole slaw at Fresh Air Barbecue in Flovilla, Georgia - because, really, who wouldn't want to eat in Flovilla?




  • 7.  The Fox Brothers Burger at Fox Brothers BBQ on Dekalb Avenue in Atlanta.  This sandwich has nothing whatsoever to do with a burger and it will change your life as you know it.  Call ahead for an ambulance to meet you outside.




  • 8.  A slice of my grandmother's poundcake, toasted with butter.  (I made no claims about the healthiness of this list.)  There's a good chance that we'll be greeted in heaven with a slice of this.




  • 9.  Peanut butter and honey sandwiches at Gaines Elementary School in Athens, Georgia.




  • 10.  Baked Oysters (or anything else) at Indian Pass Raw Bar.  Be forewarned, you will moan.




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...