Friday, November 30, 2012

List 36 - a few things I've learned this week . . .



Here are a few of the things I've learned this week:

  1. I learned that sometimes if you tell your eight year old son not to forget to put his belt on, he might consider putting the belt 'on' the bed was good enough.
  2. I learned that even when everything is set up perfectly - you ate at your favorite pizza place, you saved a great big slice for the next day's lunch, you retrieve your go-to pizza stone, you sing the right songs, you're rocking this thing called life - you might get so carried away with your greatness that you forget the slice in the oven.           

     3.  I learned that you never know what you might look down and see on the sidewalk in front of 
          your house.

     4.  I learned that even on the grayest of days, one still finds stuff like this, doing its thing . . . 


      5.   I learned that sometimes when I'm at my most angry about all of the negativity on the internet, I 
           end up finding something so good, like this:
         
    There are only two days of the year when nothing can be done.  One is called yesterday and the other is called tomorrow, so today is the right day to love, believe, do and mostly live.  Dalai Lama
     
  6.  I learned that when you find this in your porch railing, it means that yesterday your kids were 
          finished with the snack and they put it away.


     7.  And I learned that a gingko storm is every bit as beautiful as a snow storm, and you don't even    
         have to stock up on bread and milk.





                                             What did you learn this week?
          


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...